A forward-thinking UK-based digital and e-commerce solutions provider is looking for a talented WordPress Developer to join their remote team. Your primary role will be to lead teams to deliver technical excellence to customers, work with customer-facing roles to design technical solutions, promote best practices internally and externally, and help oversee the successful technical delivery of customer projects. The ideal candidate will have expertise in a number of programming languages and frameworks, with a focus on WordPress and WooCommerce with at least 5 years of experience delivering WordPress websites, including coding standards compliant development WordPress using PHP, SCSS and JS. You will also need to master React, PWA, Elasticsearch, Laravel, [URL Removed] Sleek, Task Runners, CI/CD and advanced API integrations.
- Lead the development of WordPress and WooCommerce projects.
- Create WP plugins and themes.
- Scope and estimate of work with Client Success Managers and clients.
- Present work, ideas and proposed solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coach and mentor team members.
- Solve problems and test proposed solutions with MVPs and prototypes.
- Report project development activity during team meetings and client meetings.
- Collaborate with design and development departments to create efficient project workflows.
- Review code and quality control solutions.
- Contribute to internal products and open source projects.
- Represent the Agency at industry events and conferences.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience delivering WordPress websites, ideally larger scale sites in an agency environment, with an understanding of the business goals of a web development agency.
- Development compliant with WordPress coding standards (PHP, SCSS, JS).
- Implementation and configuration of WooCommerce.
- Good understanding of Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Development of integration with APIs.
- Estimation and budgeting of projects and tasks.
- Excellent communication skills.
- English language – fluent/professional fluency.
- Know how to write efficient and optimized code.
- Ability to convert business requirements into technical requirements.
- Advanced integrations using APIs and/or GraphQL.
- Enterprise-wide development and deployment.
- PWA development.
- Laravel or other PHP frameworks.
- Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel.
Although we would love to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 business days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. OnlySouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position