Let’s start with something important.
People will rely on you in this position. You won’t be stuck at a desk waiting for 5 p.m. Instead, you will be busy. You will be the rock people can count on to take ownership of the process, solve the problems and get the job done. In return, you will work with great people and have the opportunity to meet really interesting people; musicians, investors, inventors, fund managers.
We are a marketplace that emphasizes transparency and honesty to bring music creators and investors together. Music creators love us because we give them access to capital to fund their careers. Investors love us because we help them generate hard-to-beat revenue.
Our team is growing and we are looking for people with the skills and desire to exceed our needs today and help us win in the future. What we need today is very different from what we will need in the future. Your ability to grow and develop with us is essential.
Catalog listings are what generate revenue at Royalty Exchange.
Once our sales team has signed an agreement with a client, the ball is entirely in your court. You will be the link between the client, their team and their buyer and you are responsible for the efficiency and success of each transaction.
You will work to build trust with our client on our process and strategy while creating a compelling financial and marketing presentation of the asset they list to attract buyers to the Royalty Exchange market.
But the work does not stop there.
Once the deal is closed, you’ll work with the seller to guide them through the process of closing the deal. This will require you to build relationships quickly and provide excellent service and communication to close the deal. You can’t wait for someone to call you back. Your ability to gain buy-in, cooperation and quick responses is key to success in this role.
- Master the listing process, from listing agreement, due diligence, marketing and enrollment to final transfer settlement, with speed in mind and 100% accuracy at every step
- Write clear, precise, concise and consistent marketing emails and lists to drive traffic to the list
- Set customer expectations through the vendor due diligence process and keep them up to date at every stage
- Analyze revenue data to research trends and highlights to assist in catalog marketing
- Work effectively with internal teams to creatively resolve roadblocks and generate insights to support the sales team on challenging and challenging deals
- Communicate effectively and quickly. Build relationships with music royalty partners and get their cooperation as soon as possible. Don’t waste our partners’ time and learn how to communicate with them in a way that answers all their questions from the start and allows them to do their job quickly and efficiently.
- Constantly seek opportunities to improve our internal processes and increase revenue for our customers and our business
- Leverage the use of our existing technology or find additional technology to increase capacity
- Participate in any project that helps the company succeed, even if it falls outside the scope of this job description
Essential Knowledge and Skills/Expertise Required:
- An owner at heart with an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to understand new businesses and industries.
- You will work in a team environment, so interpersonal communication and common problem solving skills are crucial. An ability to understand and deal effectively with colleagues, vendors, and developers regarding performance issues or issues in accordance with company best practices, regardless of the individual’s attitude, behavior, or tone, is essential.
- Strong writing skills are essential for this position with experience in financial writing an added advantage
- Data analysis skills with the ability to identify errors and explore the causes of outliers
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with buyers/sellers as well as internal team members
- Technical expertise in Excel and some experience with CRM or marketing automation tools to successfully complete a transaction
- A high level of comfort with computers, technology and the willingness to adopt new solutions
- Personal motivation and passion to learn
- Effective time management and organization is essential for this position
College degree required, preferably with concentrations in business, finance, communications, marketing or other relevant training. Although all applicants are considered, at least two years of work experience is required. Experience in sales, finance or marketing is preferred. Experience in the music industry is a plus!
Salary: $50,000 to $60,000
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Life, Dental, 401K