Tottenham Hotspur owner Joe Lewis has seen his net worth rise to $6 billion.
Lewis manages Spurs with Daniel Levy through the ENIC group, with the company owning 85% of the club. Lewis is the global shareholder of ENIC through the Bahamas-based Tavistock Group, which is a private investment firm that also holds stakes in companies in ten countries with offices in 13.
According to Forbes, Lewis’ net worth has soared to $6 billion from $5.4 billion last year. Indeed, Forbes reports that Lewis’ overall net worth was around $4 billion a decade ago, with the 86-year-old’s fortune increasing since 2013.
READ NEXT: Southampton vs Tottenham LIVE: Latest score as Porro and Richarlison start, under Kulusevski
Lewis established the Tavistock Group in 1975 and grew it to include businesses ranging from resort properties to manufacturing. Levy and Lewis oversaw Spurs’ move to their new, state-of-the-art Tottenham Hotspur stadium in 2019 and consistent Champions League qualification for the past ten years.
Spurs are in the race for Champions League qualification next season, but uncertainty continues to surround Antonio Conte’s future at the club after leaving all three cup competitions this season. Spurs owners have been reported to be preparing for an approach for a takeover of the club by US investment firm MSP Sports Capital, with chairman Jahm Najafi reportedly keen.
The Financial Times reported in February that Najafi was plotting a “blockbuster” move for Tottenham worth around $3.75 billion. Najafi is said to be “weeks” away from preparing a formal bid for the club, with MSP Sports Capital set to buy 70% of Spurs, with Middle Eastern partners taking the remaining 30%.
Qatar’s interest in Spurs has also been reported, with Paris Saint-Germain owners Qatar Sports Investment saying they are interested in the club. Levy met QSI chief Nasser Al-Khelaifi in London in January with an investment in the club discussed.
Pedro Porro Spain decision made as Bryan Gil rewarded for Sevilla form after Tottenham exit call
Tottenham injury latest as four misses Southampton and Antonio Conte given a boost
Porro starts, Perisic and Kulusevski await – Tottenham Conte side to select against Southampton
Daniel Levy speaks as Tottenham Hotspur and Son Heung-min both win awards
Antonio Conte confirms Hugo Lloris Tottenham plan as he hails Fraser Forster’s ‘fantastic signing’