A reputable retail group is seeking a highly ambitious and self-directed IT Project Manager who will be responsible for project leadership across its entire IT portfolio by providing leadership, direction and maximizing benefit delivery and limiting project and business risks, within scope, quality, time and cost. The successful incumbent should possess an appropriate 3 year or NQF aligned tertiary qualification, have project management certification, 7 years of program and project management experience including having managed at least 5 projects related to the IT/IT across the full project management life cycle. , Experience in managing agile projects and a proven track record in delivering enterprise application and infrastructure projects. Local travel as well as across the African continent is to be expected.
Manage project planning and delivery –
- Lead a project from inception (idea stage) through planning and execution of the final working solution following a structured approach.
- Understand and ensure that business requirements have been understood and correctly interpreted.
- Define project objectives, scope, impacts, outcomes, costs, benefits and success criteria in collaboration with business champions, business unit management, program sponsor and other relevant stakeholders (if applicable).
- Ensure the delivery of the required output(s) for each phase or step.
- Create and control all documents related to project management.
- Manage the people, processes and technology needed to effectively deliver solutions based on project requirements.
- Conduct post-implementation reviews (PIRs) and provide recommendations based on best practices and lessons learned.
Manage project risks and issues –
- Identify and mitigate issues and risks that may negatively impact the project.
- Track and escalate key decisions, unresolved issues, and risks.
Ensuring effective budgetary control –
- Manage the project budget by forecasting needs.
- Monitor, track and manage expenses by analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
Manage and support the project team –
- Lead cross-functional project teams and track progress of tasks to ensure timely completion.
- Coach team members on structured methodology and best practices.
- Manage the team to meet project commitments.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to team members and their respective line managers (if applicable).
Effective quality and process management –
- Apply quality management principles and processes.
- Ensure that all work is undertaken in accordance with organizational standards and processes.
- Ensure required documentation is complete, up-to-date and stored appropriately.
Effective Reporting and Stakeholder Management –
- Build and maintain business, vendor and IT relationships with stakeholders.
- Conduct regular project reviews and accurately communicate project status.
- Produce management reports using established IT portfolio management methodology.
- Establish and update plans with actuals and forecasts.
- Relevant 3-year higher degree related to IT or NQF aligned.
- Project Management Certificate.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in program and project management.
- Manage at least 5 IT or IT-related projects through the full project management lifecycle.
- Experience in agile project management.
- Proven track record in delivering enterprise application and infrastructure projects.
- May be required to work flexible hours to support project delivery.
- Travel (locally and within Africa) may be required, depending on the scope and requirements of the project.
- In-depth understanding and experience of IT project management methodologies.
- Ability to develop business cases or feasibility studies to justify initiatives for approval by the management team.
- Able to align running IT projects with business requirements throughout the program and project lifecycle.
- Strong facilitation and communication skills with multiple levels of stakeholders.
- Strong collaboration with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Strong ability to lead direct and virtual teams.
- Proactive risk and problem management skills.
- Ability to analyze the impact of change on the business, programs and projects and implement the required actions.
- Strong sense of retail.
- Relevant experience in the retail industry.
- Excellent multi-tasking ability.
- Attention to detail and meeting deadlines essential.
- Is aware and responsive to internal and external events and influences on the technical landscape.
- Quickly identifies key issues, stakeholders and viewpoints in a complex situation or issue.
- Finds ways to condense large amounts of information into a useful form.
- Anticipates the consequences of situations and works proactively to overcome potential obstacles.
- Asks insightful and probing questions to get to the heart of the matter.
- Allocates time and resources as needed when faced with multiple demands and competing priorities.
- Consider financial implications before finalizing activity/project plans.
- Actively monitors resource allocation and usage and makes necessary adjustments.
- Accurately interprets the moods, feelings and reactions of others and adjusts own behavior to build effective relationships within the organization and with business partners.
- Demonstrates diplomacy and tact, showing respect for differing points of view.
- Understands the perspectives of others to establish mutually beneficial goals.
- Coach others on how to develop proposals and work plans for effective partnership agreements.
- Makes connections that facilitate the achievement of larger organizational goals.
- Actively listens, interprets and presents messages in different ways to enhance understanding.
- Appropriately adapts message, style and tone of communication to suit a variety of audiences.
- Continually seeks ways to adapt and improve through change.
- Redirects own or team’s efforts in response to changing circumstances to ensure effective problem solving.
Although we would really like to respond to every application, if you are not contacted for this position within 10 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
When applying for a job, make sure you meet the minimum job requirements. AloneSouth African citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not at the stated location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all job applications and correspondence. Please email a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the works. We have a job listing on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Jobs in Cape Town.
Find out more/Apply to this position