About the position
The Department of Architecture and Design at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) has a vacancy as Head of Innovation. The position will be linked to the department and the Center for Research on Zero Emission Neighborhoods in Smart Cities (ZEN Center). Collaboration with ongoing and new European projects is also possible. The primary responsibility of the Innovation Manager is to coordinate and further develop innovation activities within the ZEN department and center. An important part of the position consists of close contact and collaboration with the ZEN Center user partners. The candidate will also be responsible for implementing and monitoring the ZEN Center’s innovation strategy and plans.
The Research Center for Zero Emission Neighborhoods in Smart Cities (ZEN Centre) is a research center on environmentally friendly energy (MEE) funded by the Research Council of Norway and consortium partners. The main objective of the ZEN Center is to develop knowledge, products and competitive solutions that will lead to the realization of sustainable buildings and neighborhoods with zero greenhouse gas emissions related to their production, operation and transformation.
More information about the ZEN Center can be found here.
You will work closely with the ZEN Center Director and the Innovation Committee, and report to the Head of Department.
The most important responsibility of the Innovation Manager is to further realize the potential for innovation in research and department-led research collaboration.
You hold a position in the discipline of innovation, in which the main responsibilities will be to:
- Explore research results in depth to identify and materialize ideas for potential innovations
- Contribute to increasing innovative activity with clusters, centers and strategic focus areas as a starting point
- Achieving research-based innovation with partners
- Further develop a culture of innovation and working methods in the discipline of innovation in our academic communities
- Increase the visibility of innovation activity in our academic communities and collaborative partners
- Participate in relevant strategic arenas
You will open the door to new cooperation opportunities, working with the main experts of the department and the ZEN Center. This involves working with researchers from NTNU and SINTEF and in teams with other NTNU innovation managers.
You will have the opportunity to develop unique expertise and will be an important contributor to the achievement of NTNU’s strategy and mission.
Selection criteria required
You must have:
- Documented experience in research and/or innovation
- Completed training in a field relevant to the ZEN Center (e.g. energy use in buildings, zero-emission building and neighborhood concepts, smart cities, building materials, performance evaluation methods) at least Master’s level, or documented equivalent of prior learning and work experience
- Academic expertise in relevant fields
- Good written and oral skills in Norwegian (or other Scandinavian language) and English
You must be able to demonstrate:
- Good knowledge of Norwegian business and industry as well as public policy and research and innovation funding programs
Preferred Selection Criteria
- Documented ability to create results and drive new business (e.g. business and/or innovation projects)
- Understanding of the importance of research-based innovation and excellent business and market knowledge
- Strong strategic skills and ability to structure the formulation of complex problems
- Doctoral skills in a field relevant to the ZEN Center can be an advantage.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to work effectively with people from a variety of disciplines and affiliations
- Ability to create contacts and contribute to strengthening a culture of innovation
- Can work both independently and in a team
- Talent for instilling trust and building relationships
Salary and conditions
The gross salary of position code 1108 or 1109 (researcher). From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian civil service pension fund,
The engagement must be carried out in accordance with the regulations in force concerning employees and civil servants of the State and the laws relating to the control of the export of strategic goods, services and technologies. Applicants who, by assessment of the application and attachment, are found to conflict with the criteria of this latter Act will be barred from recruitment at NTNU
The position is externally funded.
It is a prerequisite that you can be present and accessible to the institution on a daily basis.
About the application
The application and supporting documents must be in English.
Please note that your application will be considered solely on the basis of the information submitted by the application deadline. You should therefore ensure that your application clearly demonstrates how your skills and experience meet the criteria specified above. If for any reason you have interrupted your career or have had an atypical career and wish to disclose this in your application, the selection committee will take this into account, recognizing that the amount of your research may be reduced.
The application file must include (Departments chosen from the following):
- CV, certificates and diplomas
- Academic work – published or unpublished – that you wish to be considered for assessment (up to 10 works)
- A description of the academic/artistic work that you consider most relevant and would particularly like to see considered in the assessment
- Research plan
- Details of projects you have managed, with information on funding, duration and size
- Names and contact details of three relevant referees
Joint work will also be considered. If it is difficult to identify your specific contribution to a joint project, you should include evidence of your contributions.
In evaluating the most qualified candidate, we will emphasize education, experience and personal qualities as well as your motivation for the position.
NTNU is committed to following criteria for research quality assessment in accordance with the San Francisco Declaration on Research Assessment – DORA. This means that we pay particular attention to the quality and professional scope of this work. We also consider experience in research management and participation in research projects. We attach great importance to your scientific work over the past five years.
NTNU believes that inclusion and diversity is a strength. We want our faculty and staff to reflect the cultural diversity of the Norwegian population and we continually seek to hire the best minds. This enables NTNU to increase productivity and innovation, improve decision-making processes, increase employee satisfaction, compete academically with the world’s top institutions, and fulfill our social responsibilities in the field. education and research. NTNU emphasizes accessibility and encourages qualified applicants to apply regardless of gender identity, ability, periods of unemployment, or ethnic and cultural background.
NTNU works actively to increase the number of women employed in scientific positions and has a number of resources to promote equality.
The city of Trondheim is a modern European city with a rich cultural scene. Trondheim is Norway’s innovation capital with a population of 200,000. The Norwegian welfare state, including healthcare, schools, kindergartens and overall equality, is probably the best of its kind in the world. Subsidized professional day care for children is easily accessible. Additionally, Trondheim offers great educational opportunities (including international schools) and opportunities to enjoy nature, culture and family life and has a low crime rate and clean air. own.
As an employee of NTNU, you must at all times adhere to the changes that the development of the subject implies and the organizational changes that are adopted.
A public list of candidates with name, age, job title and municipality of residence is prepared after the application deadline. If you wish to reserve an inscription on the public list of candidates, this must be justified. The evaluation will be carried out in accordance with the legislation in force. You will be notified if the reservation is not accepted.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Arild Gustavsen, email: email@example.com and phone +47 99363674, or Thomas Thiis, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and phone:+ 47 91764199. If you have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact HR Advisor Natalia Swahn, email: email@example.com.
If you think this sounds interesting and in line with your qualifications, please submit your application electronically via jobbnorge.no with your CV, diplomas and certificates attached. Applications submitted elsewhere will not be considered. Upon request, you must be able to obtain certified copies of your documentation.
Application deadline: 07.08.2022
NTNU – knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Department of Architecture and Technology
Our goal is to develop a coherent and sustainable architecture of high quality. We work with form, theory and history, building materials and building structures, and energy efficient and sustainable buildings. Our activities also include the preservation and development of traditional building craftsmanship. The Department of Architecture and Technology is one of the four departments of the Faculty of Architecture and Design.
Deadline August 7, 2022
Employer NTNU – Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Scope Full time
place of service