We’re on a mission to make science open so everyone can live a healthy life on a healthy planet.
Who we are
Frontiers is an award-winning open science platform and a leading open access science publisher.
We are one of the largest and most cited publishers in the world. To date, our 200,000 freely accessible research articles have received over a billion views and downloads and 2 million citations. Our journals cover science, health, humanities and social sciences, engineering and sustainability. And we continue to expand into new academic disciplines so that more scholars can publish open access.
Be part of the publishing revolution and help us transform the way research is published, assessed and communicated to the world.
We are looking for a motivated and goal-oriented professional to join our team as our new Head of Examination Operations. Reporting to the Director of Publishing Operations, you will be responsible for the program direction of multiple journal portfolios and their teams, including program publishing performance, personnel management, and cross-departmental and internal stakeholder collaboration.
• Lead the growth and development of publishing programs to achieve departmental and corporate goals.
• Manage and lead a number of Review Operations Portfolio Managers. Be responsible for recruiting staff, organizing the team and arranging training for team members.
• Drive progress against objectives, ensuring that the team achieves agreed objectives and key results (OKRs) and defined performance plans, focusing on delivering quality standards during the implementation process. peer review.
• Communicate, collaborate and present progress to senior management.
• Optimize workflows, update guidelines and liaise with your Line Manager to define development requirements with the Product Management team.
• Draft new procedures, templates and policies as needed, and review them with your line manager.
• Oversee key projects to improve team efficiency, processes and cross-team collaborations.
• Maintain continuous communication between departments to foster an environment of continuous improvement and optimization of review processes.
• Significant experience in a similar role within academic/STM publishing is essential.
• Solid track record of delivering projects in a goal-oriented environment.
• Demonstrated experience in effective line management, leading and developing a team to success.
• A focused mindset with a proactive attitude and strong commercial sensitivity.
• Ability to assimilate large amounts of information and respond effectively to emergency situations.
• Excellent communication skills, including influencing and resilience and leading teams through change.
• Sound and mature judgment, decisive and tactful when working with multiple stakeholders.
• Excellent command of the English language (written and verbal).
• Ability to work with data, analyze and present results.
Your application should include:
1. Your latest CV and a personalized cover letter in English
2. Your current notice period
Please note that the application deadline is August 27, 2022.
With over 50 nationalities represented in our global team, you will regularly work with teammates from other countries and with our community of researchers, editors and authors from around the world.
Our mission to create solutions for healthy living also extends to the work environment we provide to our employees.
Employees now have the flexibility to choose where they want to work, with remote work available on a part-time or full-time basis (not applicable to some Workplace/IT jobs due to the nature of the role requiring on-site, office presence) ).
learning and development
All employees have access to LinkedIn Learning (and Pluralsight for our technology team), an annual personal learning budget, and dedicated training and development time.
We offer free online yoga classes, an employee assistance plan, access to the Headspace app, and four days of wellness in addition to your vacation pay.
Employees can dedicate three days a year to volunteering for a personal cause or through our partner volunteering platform, Alaya.
Frontiers actively embraces diversity and is a safe and welcoming place to work. Recruitment is free from discrimination, including on the basis of race, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation. With over 600 employees from more than 50 different countries, our diversity creates dynamic teams and constantly challenges us to appreciate multiple perspectives.