Greetings Conversion Copywriting Genius,
We are looking for a Conversion Copywriter who wants to move into comprehensive growth marketing for e-commerce brands.
My name is Darryl and I am one of the owners of Visual Economy.
This is a super important role for us, so I take a moment to personally explain who we are, what we are looking for and the skills/experience required.
About visual economy
We develop purpose-driven e-commerce brands.
Don’t confuse this with likes, clicks, followers, websites, awareness campaigns, PR or influencers.
Simply put, we help brands move from their running level of financial performance at their desired level of financial performance by implementing online growth strategies.
So what is a purpose-driven brand?
They balance the pursuit of profit with the goal of delivering better results for customers, workers, suppliers and the planet.
Think natural skincare, ethical fashion, sustainable products.
We want these brands to succeed because the world won’t survive if we keep exploiting the shit out of them.
Our company has two units – a service agency to catch fish for our customers and an online training program that teaches customers How? ‘Or’ What to fish. Sustainably… of course.
About the role
The opportunity to grow in this role and achieve a level of mastery is enormous.
As a Conversion Writer, you will initially help our agency clients by writing “copy that sells” into all of our sales funnels.
You’ll work directly with clients or the internal team to create value-driven marketing assets that drive more traffic, convert more sales, and deliver measurable ROI.
It starts with in-depth market research and translates into persuasive messaging for ads, emails, sales pages, and product pages.
BUT this is only part of what you will do.
While conversion writing is your basic skills, the role evolves very quickly towards full-stack growth marketing:
- market research: who is the customer and the competition?
- media buying: management and optimization of advertising accounts
- email marketing: email automation
- sales funnels: creating product landing pages for traffic
- conversion rate optimization: increase conversion rates at every stage of a funnel
- analytics: interpreting and managing data
- content creation pipelines: identify what customers should see and ask content partners to film it
- customer management: keeping your customers happy
Think of it this way. Just as engineering emerges from math, growth marketing emerges from conversion copywriting.
If you want to stick to copywriting only, this role won’t be for you!
Your level of experience
We don’t place much importance on certifications. It’s all about results. This is how we are judged. And that’s how we’ll judge you.
So, to cut to the chase: can you demonstrate past conversion copywriting results where you’ve increased sales, leads, open rates, click-through rates, opt-in rates, etc. ?
If so, keep reading.
(If not, keep reading because hey, maybe you can win us over with an amazing app that blows the competition away.)
Experience in other areas of growth marketing outside of conversion copywriting will be considered favorably but is not essential as we will provide you with all the training you need to become a professional.
The right candidate
Choosing the right person is not just about results. It’s about relationships. Nobody wants to be in a relationship with the wrong person. Not me. Not you.
So let’s make sure you’re the right person.
- A brilliant communicator using any medium: writing, imagery, video, telephone, face-to-face, meetings.
- Passionate about the niche. You love purpose-driven brands and products and understand the market terrain of natural, organic, sustainable, ethical and artisan.
- Ferociously high standards. Don’t feel intimidated. To be raised. You’ll work with people who genuinely care about getting amazing results and helping each other become the best versions of themselves.
- Compulsive problem solver. You understand that life and work are just an endless series of problems to be solved. You are not afraid of that. You like this.
- Eager to learn and grow. You become anxious when you are not growing. The fire within should burn so bright that you are basically glowing.
- Positive energy. People feel energized, inspired and motivated to be around you. It is important. Nobody’s perfect, but if you’re likely to be a drain on the collective’s emotional bandwidth, you’re the wrong person.
- Growth marketing. You want more from your career than writing copy. You want to directly transform businesses by generating more sales and profits.
- Values working remotely. You love the idea of doing your dream job from anywhere in Australia!
What will you get
The salary is $65,000 to $75,000 per year. The opportunity to grow and evolve in our business exists for the right candidate who can deliver results.
You will have the opportunity to work with leading brands in one of the most exciting and forward-thinking niches in the world.
You’ll learn the most valuable skill in existence today: helping people sell things on the Internet. You will never go hungry again.
You will receive comprehensive training, both online and offline, in skills and mindset.
And you’ll join a team of globally-minded, high-performing, and compassionate people who care about making the world a better place – profit with purpose.
How to register
If you think you are a good candidate for this job, here are the exact steps you need to follow to apply. If you miss a step, you will be immediately disqualified. We are not looking for resume templates dropped in our inbox. We are looking for suitable candidates for this opportunity.
- Click apply below
- Upload a cover letter expressing your interest in the role and why you think you would be a good candidate. Please insert the phrase “pink elephants” at the beginning of your letter, otherwise your application will be disregarded.
- Upload a resume detailing your experience and accomplishments.
- Share a portfolio of your best work and evidence of measurable results if possible. Please include a link to your portfolio in your cover letter.
- Sell, sell, sell yourself. You are a fucking conversion writer! So act like one. Do not send us a cookie-cutter zombified model. This will not encourage us to entrust you with clients. This is a “working funnel” and you have to write to convert. We’ll read your cover letter the same way we read an ad. If he does not grab us immediately, he will be ignored. So be different. Be bold. Be creative. Last time we hired, only a few candidates were roses among thorns and those were the only ones we interviewed.
- Do all of the above.
You have this!
Long live 2022.