Job Title: Vice President, Global Marketing
Employer: Five Music Group (www.fivemusic.com)
Reports to: President of Five Music Group
Location: Remote – located in the United States
Program: Full time – flexible working hours agreed
Status: Exempt, W2 employee
Five Music Group is an independent record label, distributor and publisher that has invested over $250 million over the past 24 months in the acquisition and creation of music intellectual property. Five’s repertoire of over 10,000 active members has earned Grammy Awards, dozens of RIAA Gold and Platinum certifications, and numerous Number 1s on a variety of Billboard charts. Past and present clients include heavy hitters in a variety of genres such as Anuel, Daddy Yankee, Janet Jackson, Jason Derulo, PSY, Sean Kingston, TI and hundreds more.
We have a flexible and creative environment and pride ourselves on providing a fun and unique place to work.
About the role
We recently raised a new round of funding and are rapidly growing in both catalog size and headcount. We need a strong Marketing Specialist to lead a large team of 20+ people and execute world-class marketing campaigns for our clients and our brand.
You will play a vital role in the growth of this business where your decisions will have a significant impact in an exciting time of expansion. You will report directly to the President and Managing Director of the label.
Five Music is a GoDigital Media Group company, and you’ll also have access to learn and interact with a variety of other world-class companies such as Mitu/NGL, YogaWorks, SoundRoyalties, and Eastern Mountain Sports.
- Lead and inspire a global team developing and executing marketing campaigns to generate revenue and grow audiences for our artists and their releases.
- Lead industry marketing efforts focused on our brand, including marketing to increase visibility and relationships within the music industry.
- Lead the development of infrastructure and processes to bring order to a rapidly growing entrepreneurial environment, with a focus on reporting, organization, measurement and testing.
- Partner and collaborate closely with the sales team to develop revenue opportunities and ensure our marketing strategies are relevant and applicable to each account.
- Inspire and further cultivate a digital skillset and mindset within the marketing team, which is reflected in all marketing activations, digital media and partnerships as well as paid media.
- Embed data and analytics into the culture of the marketing team to ensure KPIs are consistently defined and measured and to ensure data is integrated into the decision-making process.
- Increase accountability for managing marketing spend and project budgets.
- Partner as a thoughtful member of the leadership team and collaborate with other departments to drive the business forward and accelerate revenue growth for our artists and the label.
- 10+ years of marketing leadership experience – ideally in a music, media or entertainment company.
- Deep passion and knowledge of music, artists and technology, with a solid understanding of how and where fans interact with songs, albums, playlists and artists.
- Collaborative personality who is comfortable with change and has an infectious thirst for learning and experimentation.
- Exceptional people management skills along with the ability to inspire, prioritize, multi-task, focus, lead, influence and delegate while working in stressful and demanding situations.
- Ability to think independently and create and develop ideas that lead to positive change/improvement.
- Well organized with exceptionally strong communication skills that adapt to different personality styles and situations.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package that includes traditional benefits such as unlimited paid time off, health insurance, dental insurance, tax-deferred pension plans, and access to experts in preventive care. Plus fun things like access to GDMG University which is our education program run by leaders in entertainment, music and other industry leaders and corporate events/excursions.
GoDigital Media Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability.