Happy Saturday neighbours! Let’s start this day. Here’s everything you need to know in Saint-Louis today.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Partly sunny and cool. Top: 39 Bottom: 27.
Here are the top 3 stories in St. Louis today:
- Dr. Michael Mauney, a cardiothoracic surgeon at Missouri Baptist Medical Center, said the St. Louis area is currently facing a severe blood shortage. Mauney’s comment follows a warning issued by the and other blood centers on January 10 the country is facing the worst blood shortage in more than a decade. Some donors have already stepped up and responded to the warning from blood centers, and between noon and 7 p.m. Thursday, all 900 appointments were filled for the 15th annual St. Louis blood drive. (STLtoday.com)
- A man was shot in the arm around 11:30 p.m. Thursday night while driving through downtown St. Louis. The victim crashed his car at 18th Street and Clark Avenue near the St. Louis Aquarium. He was conscious and breathing when taken to hospital. (KTVI Fox 2 St. Louis)
- The musical “The Prom” will make its St. Louis debut on January 25 at the Fabulous Fox Theater. The musical, which opened on Broadway in 2018, has been nominated for seven Tony Awards. The show will run for two weeks and you can receive $20 off a ticket for any performance with the promo code “LANE”. (KSDK.com)
Today in Saint-Louis:
- MLK Food Drive At the Divoll library branch (all day)
- Rockin The Runway: Unravel Exhibition At the Central Branch Library (midnight)
From my notebook:
- Anyone who joins the City Museum as a member by April 1 will receive a free general admission ticket with every subscription purchased. Members will also receive exclusive pre-sale tickets to events such as City Nights, Adult Game Nights, and more. (Facebook)
- The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department’s recruit class of 2021-03 finished their run at the arch Friday morning, marking the end of their physical training program. (Facebook)
- is looking for young people between the ages of 17 and 24 to apply for the STL Youth Build program. No experience is necessary, and all you need is a dedicated learning attitude and mindset! (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the St. Louis Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
- Send this link to a friend or neighbor so they can subscribe
- Get your local business listed in front of readers
That’s all for today. I will see you soon!
— Helene Eckhard
About me: Helen Eckhard is a Marketing Assistant at Lightning Media Partners. She is a self-proclaimed logophile who is currently pursuing her Masters in Library Science. Outside of work, you can find Helen building crossword puzzles, knitting, or devising increasingly clever ways to kill characters in her detective stories.